I HAD TWO GIRLFRIENDS… - ABSU BEST GRADUATING STUDENT REVEALS


  • Reveals a whole new study pattern and a simple formula for success 
  • Reveals the incomparable anatomy of the human brain and how to efficiently put it to use 
  • Talks about relationship with the opposite sex and its contribution to academic performance
Nigerians have a lot of good sides and a track record of excelling in all they do without a great deal of difficulty. There are numberless thousands to cite, including Mr. Onyeama Councillor who came out clean as the best graduating student of Abia State University after studying Linguistics Communications in 2014/2015 Academic Session.
Today in this interview, our crew supped with him while he took the time to reveal to all our readers the secrets of studying effectively with ease and excelling efficiently without difficulty. He did rightly mentioned the core lifestyles geniuses, their relative secrets and the role that money and women play(ed).
Ah! You can’t afford to miss this, join us in this eye opening ride:

KamReports: welcome to an interview session with Mr. Onyema councillor anchored by hart and Kamreports.
Onyeama: "Onyeama" please.

KamReports: Apologies sir
Onyeama: ok

KamReports: Good Evening Mr. Onyeama, My Name is Kanu Augustine, I work with KamReports, an Online Media Resource and with me is Mr. Ekeledo Hart, the director of Realhart.

Realhart: Without much ado, gentlemen, lets proceed. Sir Onyeama, a few months ago, you achieved a feat in your alumnus, Abia State University Uturu by emerging as the best graduand. How can you describe that academic feat?
Onyeama: Few months ago, yes. But that should be April 16. It was really simple and way unexpected so to say.

KamReports: Mr. Onyeama, it is common knowledge that students today find it a bit difficult to excel academically, do you have a different study pattern that made you stand out?
Onyeama: I won't say I have a different study pattern, neither will I say I achieved a feat that was unprecedented in the academic enclave. The only thing I can say is that I deduced a formula at success that was very simple.

KamReports: Do you mind sharing this said formula more elaborately for the benefit of your fans and readers?
Onyeama: I discovered that the human brain was not formed in that peculiar incomparable anatomy for fancy, in that what matters is not in the life of a student is not whether he is studying the right course or not or whether he is doing some so-called professional courses or not, but whether his brain is ACTIVE in the simple formula of bringing out the very best in whatever thing he does, be it small or big. I think that's why one of the world's great thinkers said the answer lies not in doing great things but in doing small things in a great way.

Hahaha! Anyway, the formula is twofold: that there is no limitation to what the brain can accomplish or think out. This can be summarized in Napoleon Hill's quote, that "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." You see, whenever I wake from bed every morning, two things bother me, and they are how I could bring out the best in someone or whatever it is that I do and secondly how far genius can take me.

Realhart: As a student, a brilliant one at that, what are your experiences in school and the challenges you faced?
Onyeama: Well, it was a wonderful experience having gone through ABSU, you know. It was an environment where no one forces you to read, and you have a choice to make on the kind of student you want to be, you know like a two-sided coin. That was the real education, I must tell you. As for challenges, well I can say there were no real challenges apart from financial difficulties. I come from a humble beginning, where the streets are not paved with gold.

KamReports: It is common knowledge that humans have a person or group of persons they admire and toe their steps. With this in mind, who is or are your role model(s)?
Onyeama: Albert Einstein and Noam Chomsky. Then my dad has a lot of influences on me, though there are times we don't agree.

KamReports: You mentioned financial difficulties. How did you manage to still be Tops despite this and how do you think students in similar situations can be helped?
Onyeama: Well, I used what I will call social intelligence. I understood I was not financially rosy, so I made some friends who were of help to me and I kept a clean slate in terms of character and reputation that in moments I called for help I received answers almost without query. I think it's Grace anyway.
So my advice to students out there that are finding it difficult financially is for them to look for something doing, like some kind of work, that will give them some financial assistance. Also they should imbibe the principle of social intelligence, by making some good friends, both male and female.

Realhart: How much time did you create for social activities in school?
Onyeama: Hahaha! Like 10% of my time. I did go for some social events at school, not really for the fun of it but for the mental development they could attract. So I took social events as one of those means at meeting success. For instance I played football a lot, and I still do. I watch football and I am a fan of Manchester United. As a matter of fact football happens to be my number one hobby.

KamReports: Still on your life outside the books. How do you see Politics within the school circle and how much did you participate?
Onyeama: A good question. As I gained admittance at ABSU and I wrote down my targets to be accomplished at graduation, I said I was going to be the SUG president in my time. But something happened in my second year, my miracle year of 4.7 CGPA.
It was never my intention at first to make first class, and I think that was because I found myself doing battle in an unfamiliar terrain, the Humanities and Social Sciences faculty whereas I was a pure science student in secondary school. But people kept telling me I was going to make First Class, that sometimes I wondered the rationale behind their faith in me. So I was less concerned about that, because my target was to play school politics, to hold some positions and finally become SUG president. But after I hit that CGPA in year two my thinking changed and I was left with two choices by the law of full concentration to succeed at any endeavour: that it's either I choose politics and concentrate fully in it or I answer the clarion call of making it top of my class. I weighed the choices and the latter was better than the former, so I went for it.

So school politics is good, but that is depending on the motive back of it. Some people go in there, just like in the secular world, just for the fame of it and they mess things up and end up disappointing those who voted them in. But true leadership is measured by the art of subordinating self-interests for the interest and greater good of the populace, the people. So to the student out there, if you can combine politics and academics in perfect harmony, that's another touch of a genius.

KamReports: What is your view about the standard of today's education which is obviously at its lowest ebb?
Onyeama: I think the sector needs help in many ways. The problem with our standard of education here is in the raw material not the finished product, the raw material is the student and the finished product is what he becomes on graduation. Now the material cannot be poorly refined and you expect the product to be marketable. There are so many lacks in our schools, and the teachers are living by it as a standard or what is obtainable instead of turning the tables. Our students are not doing research and even when they want to, there is no motivation from both the citadel and government, and worse still strikes are not helping matters. What I think should be done is to introduce a new standard via a clean, transparent paradigm shift. We need to shift from the mentality of schooling just to bear the label "a university graduate," to that of schooling to apply what we learn in real life. If I should read mechanical engineering, for instance, I shouldn't just end up fixing cars when they spoil, but should be in a plant where cars are produced. So government has a duty to perform, by building industries and concerns where graduates can practice what they study and as a result give the economy a boost. On the other hand teachers have their own role to play, by teaching their students in both theory and practice; if there are computers in the lab let them use them, they shouldn't be there for decoration. Then the student should try and acquire some skills related to his inclination so as to blend general knowledge, gotten from books, with specialized knowledge, gotten from practice. This should be done while the student is still a student, not after school, then more skills can come up after school.

Realhart: How did you replicate this University feat during your primary and secondary school days?
Onyeama: Hahaha! In primary school at Edisco Nursery and Primary School, Apummiri, Ubakala in Umuahia, my report cards were filled with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd positions. That was still the case in secondary school at Government College, Umuahia. The remarkable thing that really helped in moulding me in both character and learning at Government College, I think, was serving as the Senior Prefect of the College during my time. It taught me the value of discipline in learning, as well as the ability of holding a position and still excel in academics. As a Senior Prefect, I went for some science competitions, and I came out tops in some. Some, not all.

KamReports: Before we wrap it up, it is common knowledge that students today build relationships with the opposite sex with marriage in mind. Did you build such, and how good is that to academic performance?
Onyeama: I think the question should be, did you have a girlfriend as a student? But since you have put it that way, let me still answer you.
I had two girlfriends then, one in my first year, the other, I think, in my early third year then up to graduation. Concerning if there was marriage in mind, especially as concerns the latter, I will say half Yes and half No. Marriage is an institution, the grand finale in any engagement of a relationship; it is not done haphazardly or with selfish motives. So that's why I said for me it's half Yes and half No. Besides apart from brain making a man, a man still needs money, and I think we all know the importance of money in marriage and that of a man being man enough before marriage.

Then as regards my relationship with the opposite sex and if it did contribute to academic performance, I think I will say Yes, a full Yes. You see, the reason such relationships mar students academic performance is the motive back of the relationship from onset and how the two better halves get along. In my own case my then girlfriend was good to me and a wifey material and I gave her my undiluted love. So no regrets whatsoever, inasmuch as we are no longer significant others.

Realhart: As it is the norm in Nigeria particular; most best graduates usually find their route within the academic circle, what do you think about yourself in the future?
Onyeama: Well, I think students need me. Not for me to teach what hasn't been taught before by my seniors and mentors who have been in the business, but to add some style in the teaching; you know, to put some good smelling spices in the food the teacher gives the student. So it's a call that I have to start in the academia, and I have to answer it, I need to route round that circle. But whether lecturing career is going to be long or short, is what I can't really say for now.

Realhart: Finally, who is Onyeama Councillor?
Onyeama: Hahahaha! Onyeama Councillor is me. Me, nothing else. A native of Laguru, Ubakala, in Umuahia South L.G.A of Abia State. A graduate of Abia State University and studied Linguistics and Communication Studies. I am single. And all my life I have come to understand that I am a product of one thing, and that is Grace, God's Grace. That is my strength, that is my secret, that is what made the feat possible, and I am ever faithful in it deciding my future. So that is Onyeama Councillor for you.

KamReports: Fans and readers are sitting at the edge of their seats waiting to hear your parting word. Please quench their thirst.
Onyeama: Well, all I can say is nothing apart from what I call the four cardinal points at not just being successful in life, but also having a happy and fulfilled life. And those points are: the fear of God, humility, discipline, and patience.

And I end with these words: I do not strive to be the best and being the best has never been a do or die affair to me. The only thing I am pretty sure I do is bringing out the best from whatever it is I do, in that even if I fail or my overall target is not met, I can be sure that those who saw my efforts can tell the story without mixing words.

Realhart: Mr. Councillor Onyeama, accept our deepest appreciation for the magnanimous time you created for us tonight;  and again, our  hearty congratulations for the academic par excellence. We do hope that when we call next on your door, you will answer us.

KamReports: Wow! Wow!! Wow!! Wunderbar the Germans will say. Congratulations Sir.
Onyeama: Thank you. And thank you for the interview time.
Realhart: You are welcome.

VALEDICTORY SPEECH by Onyeama Councillor Nzewonye, ABSU BEST GRADUATING STUDENT, AT THE 24TH CONVOCATION CEREMONY

The Executive Governor of Abia State and Visitor to Abia State University, Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu; Honourable Chancellor, Your Excellency Sir Francis Orji; the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council, Senator Adulfus Wabara; the Vice-Chancellor, Professor E. Uche Ikonne, and his managent team; staff of Abia State University, eminent scholars, captains of industry, students, parents and guardians, ladies and gentlemen,
I greet you all with every element of humility in me.

When I received a call to prepare this valedictory speech as the Best Graduating Student Class of 2014/2015 of this great citadel of learning East of the Niger, the first thing I thought after that call was: "If it were not God, who am I to be exalted?" Thereafter I was filled with silence from inside-out. But I knew I was very happy. And while I still basked in the euphoria of having attained this feat, I knew His Grace had found me once again. Therefore only God could have done this, and I am very grateful.

First of all I must tell everyone present that I am VERY PROUD of being a product of Abia State University; not because I am standing before you all as primus inter pares, but because this institution has not only moulded me in character and learning, but also taught me the need to always strive for excellence in every service I render to humanity. In this regard, I must thank our amiable Vice-Chancellor, Professor E. Uche Ikonne for the way he has been striving to sustain the motto of ABSU, which is "Excellence and Service."

Now I am not here to tell everyone that we are the best, but one thing I can vouch for is that we have stood the test of time and we are great! We have always thrived in coming out tops, and we have significantly shown the strength in Ikenga, looking at traditional Igbo in a comparative world. So, ABSU may not be the biggest campus in the country, but its students are not only sound in academics but are also well-versed in other facets that concern the realities of life.

I also use this opportunity to thank all the lecturers who taught me. Particularly, I am grateful to the Department of Linguistics and Communication Studies/Igbo for having made me understand that the line separating failure and success is no line, in that whether one wants failure or success in life all depends on the person's mindset and first approach at either of them. And like Napoleon Hill rightly said, "What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve." So no matter what be the course you are studying, as long as you conceive that you are going to make out something great from it, only then would you achieve greatness, and you can tell yourself that the medical doctor or engineer out there is no better than you.
Also, it was Mark Twain who said: "There are a thousand excuses for failure, but never a good reason." The reason most people fail in life is because they lack discipline and patience.

We live in a dynamic culture where reading has become a very boring and shy thing to do. Global economies are failing and there is high cost of living, and by this people have lost every element of discipline and patience they have in them. How much more students? But today you can wake up that sleeping genius in you. Today, you can can pick up your books and start reading, not minding if they mock you or say, you you are wasting your time. You can take that decision that will turn your life around, and aim for excellence in the service you render to yourself and to humanity. I urge you to embrace the four cardinal points at not just being successful but having a fulfilled life; and they are: the fear of God, humility, discipline and patience. Today I want to let you know that what it takes to be a failure is even more stressful and boring than what it takes to be a success.

May I at this point thank and appreciate my family members, who have been the cornerstone of my support and success. Daddy's discipline and counsel alongside Mummy's love and care have been of great help to me. On that note I say thank you Daddy and Mummy. And of course not forgetting friends, course mates, junior and senior colleagues that contributed in one way or the other at ensuring that we remained a strong and unified army in winning this battle. I am very grateful to you all.

I thank you all for your presence and patience.

To God be the glory. Onyeama Councillor

Onyeama: That's my valedictory speech in case you need anything from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"EVANS VANISHES…" MOST MISLEADING HEADLINE OF ALL TIME

Meet Nigeria’s Youngest Beautiful Female Lawyer and SAN to Be

HOW I FOUGHT AN ILLNESS THAT KILLS 80% OF THOSE WHO GOES THROUGH IT…