HIS PARENTS COULDN’T PAY HIS FEES, HE DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL, TODAY HE HOLDS FOUR DEGREES AND FINANCES SEVERAL SCHOLARSHIPS…




Recent chats with Africans are constantly proving the fact that they are a collection of very fine breed of insurmountable, indomitable and awe-inspiring humans. Their stories are constantly unique, though their challenges are sole, yet they have a positive way of overcoming, rising like the dust, bringing forth terrifically beautiful results like wet earth whose appetite has been fed full.
Engr. Evans Chime Arimadu is no exception; his parents couldn’t see him through school due to circumstances beyond their handling. Engr. Evans never did give up, if his parents couldn’t see him through, his determination did. Listen as he tells his own unique story.
Come join us…

KamReports: Good evening Engr. Evans, you are officially Welcome to an interview session with KamReports and Realhart. My name is Mr. Kanu Augustine and with me is Mr. Ekeledo Kelechi Hart. Can we meet you sir?
Engr. Evans: Good evening my people, you're welcome too. I am Evans Chimenweghioyiri Arimadu, from Waji Village of Isieke Autonomous Community in Obegu Town, ugwunagbo L.G.A, Abia State. I am the only remaining son from my Mother, out of the five remaining.

RealHart: How was your growing like?
Engr. Evans: Well my growing wasn't easy at all. If I may be brief, my parents couldn't see me through secondary school only up to class two, and could no longer afford the fee which was Six Hundred Naira only (#600) then. I had to leave my parents to stay with the younger sister to my Mum and her family in Kaduna.  When I got there they refused to send me to School but arranged for me to learn a trade with one Mr Bright. When I finished my apprenticeship they gave me the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira only (#15,000) to start up my own business which I did, trading on female materials, joining night bus to buy from Aba, Abia State to sell in Kaduna. In 1992, my aunt with her husband collected my shop out of jealousy that I have started to make progress when their children of same age with me have nothing. They also pushed me out of their house at night and from then I was sleeping by the road side from where I go to do street buying and selling known as chuwa chuwa or oso ahia in Igbo parlance at Kaduna Central Market. I suffered for years doing this. It was in this hunting for customers and hanging by other peoples shops that I got money to attend lessons, because I have already made up my mind to go to school. From there, I registered for WAEC, took Jamb and got admission into ABU Zaria were I studied Engineering.  It was also there I got money to register my first company called Evans-Arins Int'l, an enterprise now a limited liability company now. My growing up wasn't easy, that’s why if I see youths going into crime today, maybe because they have no body to help or nothing to do I feel so sad.

KamReports: This I must say is quite exhaustive and lesson laden. Can you tell us what your motivator was? It is relatively easy for you to have given up or opted for bad life style, you didn't and rather remained resolute to do good and pursue Excellence. What propelled this?
Engr. Evans: I must say that my Dad told me who I am or who am meant to be. He told me what happened when I was born, and the peculiarities of my birth.
Another thing was that when I was growing up, I always come first in class.
Again, many of my uncles and those around our village always believed that I can't succeed because they succeeded in pulling my father down. People that come to beg from my parents then turned to mock us. All these made me see life as a challenge. A lot were involved anyway...

RealHart: Sir, despite your penchant and instinct for business, you still choose the Engineering profession, why?
Engr. Evans: I choose Engineering because of my love for professionalism and creativity.

KamReports: You mentioned that you studied Engineering. What particular field of Engineering are you in?
Engr. Evans: I studied Civil Engineering from ABU Zaria, Building Technology from Abia State Polytechnic, Project Management from Janalwawal University New Delhi, India, now doing Surviving /Informatics Federal Polytechnic Nekede. By next year I will join Federal University to for Electrical Engineering. There is a record am pushing for and to show both those who believed I can't make it without them that with God and determination I can make it even better.

RealHart: In view of your grass to grace story, how are you now touching the lives of those who you were once like?

Engr. Evans: What you'll see on the picture is what I do every 25th December, taking care of the needy, the less privileged, the widows and orphans. I do so as part of my calling in life. There's just no way I can finish mentioning all I have done; I have gathered youths and empowered over two hundred youths in my local government with imported hair dryers, sewing machines, clippers, generating sets. Each according to your knowledge or training and that was 2014. In 2012 I called home all unemployed educated youths from Ugwunagbo and gave some four, some five, some two, three etc millions to go and start a trade without paying back option. In 2013 I distributed 150 motorcycles to our young ones who are capable of Okada business for free not hired purchase. I have given scholarships to many up to tertiary level.
I am the Okpe Udo Ala of Ugwunagbo (the peace maker), the Mmiri Na Ezoro Oha of Etiti Ala Autonomous Community (the rain that benefits all), Omere Oha of Obingwa LGA (the philanthropist), Nwaji Ugonnaya of Akanu Ngwa Autonomous Community (the son that upholds his father’s pride), all are merited chieftaincy titles conferred on me by various communities in Abia State.
In 2007/2008 when kidnapping was the order of the day in my Local Government and my people were sleeping in the bushes, and many killed and some raped, I heard of it and instead of running far from home I came back home met with the then Commissioner of Police and the Aba Area Commander with the State Bakasi Commander, spent millions of Naira to stop the operations of hoodlums and kidnapping from my area. I only fought that battle by God's grace without the help of anyone. Some were killed in the process and some ran away never to come back home again till date. Despite there were no presence of Soldiers then. The criminals even went and set my house ablaze in my country home. However, my place is better off now than then.



These other pictures are the Widows of Late Traditional Rulers of Abia State in general led by the former Commissioner for women affairs in a blue top standing and introducing the people on the day I hosted them in my Country home (Obegu). For the first time after the demise of their husbands for anyone to decide to host them, give them both money, food stuffs, clothing and so on.

KamReports: It is common knowledge and traditional in developing nations like Nigeria for philanthropic persons to muster political intentions and ambitions or later allow themselves to be chided into politics by people. What are the political ambitions you are silently nurturing or when will you hearkens to the inviting voices of those you are helping and have a kick at politics?
Engr. Evans: I am not interested. I am an Evangelist, preaching the truth in Christ. I am also a student for the next ten years, and will like to practice my profession or chosen careers to the fullest. I may not have time for politics, unless God says otherwise in future.

 KamReports: Looking at Abia State, one could tell politically and leadership speaking that all is not right. Don't you think that you are the long awaited Messiah of your people; don't you think that your people need you as a leader in order to alleviate their sufferings?
Engr. Evans: Well, there's always a difference between want and need

KamReports: Make us understand the difference Sir.
Engr. Evans: I may be the want of my people at this time but may not be their need. That's why I am always teaching people that man or woman can only know their want at a time and even like to have it at all cost, but only God has the ability to know or supply our needs. Because only him knows truly what is due for us all and at the right time too. So if my people are suffering now it's only God who could say I never planned this conditions for my people, so let me send a Messiah to my people. And by that time I May not be God's choice for such job. It may just be that I was born for the one am doing now. It's simple, all these can be achievable if we plan well and if we are determined too.

RealHart: As a father and a husband, how do you combine your numerous engagements in Academics, Office, and Church and still out there at home for your family?
Engr. Evans: It's just a matter of character and sincerity of purpose. What you love can't be far from you. Understanding will definitely apply in this case if there has been sincerity in the home and marriage from beginning.

RealHart: How many children do you have, sir?
Engr. Evans: I have many Children under my care. I am expecting more from my wife and more to be adopted. So I may end up having between seven and ten.

KamReports: It's clear you have achieved quite a great deal, making it necessary to ask you what in all you may rightly tag your greatest achievement.
Engr. Evans: I can only tag it "By God's Grace". Only Him made it possible. Only Him owns the success, hence He is always there in times of pain, to Him alone be all glory.

RealHart: Before we conclude, can you share with us your future plans?
Engr. Evans: The only further plan I know I have now is to study E.E from next year as I leave Federal Polytechnic Nekede. If God permits I can open one or two industrial firms were I can employ some of our youths. That’s all I can say.

KamReports: A man with wealth of experience as you do will definitely have a lot of counsel for all. What words will you leave for the children, youths, adults, the government and the world?
Engr. Evans: My brothers, for the children I say, prepare to face the world as a peculiar child, refuse to grow to be like anybody even your parents.
To the youths, if you're trying to be like some else, the best you can be is number two, so resolve to create a future and a life of your own in the fear of the Lord. And to Adults I must say, in those days our parents used to say that "gray hair is wisdom", but I wonder why the elders are the ones leading the youths astray; Rape, Corruption, Unrighteousness, impunity and all kinds of Evil are now falling like rain from adults to the younger ones. I pray for a change in both characters and otherwise in everything we do. Either in government, Church, home or in public Let us try to live the life of Christ which is full of love for others and for all mankind.

KamReports: Thank you very much Engr. Evans, it's been wonderful having this round table chat with you. We do hope you grant us audience when next we call. You can also call on us anytime you feel that there is something that the world ought to know.
Engr. Evans: It’s ok. I also appreciate talking with you both. Any time any day if am found worthy, I will answer. Good night pals

KamReports: Good night sir and extend our warm regards to your family.
Engr. Evans: They will hear, thank you.

RealHart: You are welcome, Sir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"EVANS VANISHES…" MOST MISLEADING HEADLINE OF ALL TIME

Meet Nigeria’s Youngest Beautiful Female Lawyer and SAN to Be

HOW I FOUGHT AN ILLNESS THAT KILLS 80% OF THOSE WHO GOES THROUGH IT…